We had a great trip! They always go by too fast. We got to Fort Worth Wednesday afternoon with enough time to check in to the hotel and head to Ranger's ballpark. Zane's friend Jaime is the trainer for the Ranger's and he treats us so well when we visit. Tickets, Parking with the team, watching batting practice on the field...Zane was in heaven. We had 5 tickets to the Wednesday night game so Zane's friend Peyton and my cousin Kaitlin and her boyfriend Beau joined us. It was $1 hot dog night and I guess that made up for $7 beers. And the Rangers won!
Then Thursday was our anniversary. Originally I made a reservation at a fondue place and we decided to cancel it. We went to the Ranger's afternoon game. The ONLY thing I did for our anniversary was call ahead and had the rangers put "Happy Anniversary Zane & Erica Perry" on the jumbo tron. So once the 4th inning rolled around I was waiting patiently watching the screen. As soon as I saw Zane's name I slapped him (apparantly hard, but I was excited!) and said look!! He didn't get that excited about it and then I took a picture and he said "is that us?" and I said "yes! Why? You don't like it?" and he said "did you do that?" at this point i'm annoyed that he didn't get a kick out of it. So he says look at your camera...so I did "Happy Anniversary Zane & Erica Penny". Penny? Really? So we are now Zane and Erica Penny.
The Rangers ended up losing but it was a great game. After the game we went to a bar called the Flying Saucer they have over 200 types of beer on tap. So we decided to try a few beers from the UK. We just sat and talked enjoying the beers and decided to go to dinner at Joe T Garcias. A staple in Fort Worth with two things on the menu either fajitas or enchiladas. Neither of us had been there but were told it's great but only get one order of fajitas. It was a TON of food! There was an auction going on behind where we were sitting so we couldn't hear very well but the atmosphere is great. We will definiately be going back. As we were pulling into the hotel I hit the curb. Zane and I both thought it surely had done damage but it just scratched the rim and shaved part of the first layer of the tire off.
Friday morning we woke up got ready checked out of the hotel and headed to the Stockyards. Zane's only request while in Fort Worth was to eat at Coopers BBQ . It's right next to Billy Bobs. We walked up and there is a line out the door. As soon as you walk in its the BBQ pit they ask you what you want and how many pounds of it you want. I was overwhelmed. They literally use their knife to serve it onto a tray after dipping it in their sauce. Then you move on to the slicer, there you can choose your sides coleslaw or potato salad. We decided to share apple cobbler for dessert. The place is full of picnic tables and you just find a seat wherever you can. Let me just tell you i'm not a big BBQ eater, i'll eat it but it wouldn't be my first choice. This place was DELICIOUS. The brisket was the best i've ever had along with the Apple Cobbler...nom nom nom. Soooo good.
We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the stockyards taking in the history and viewing the museums. Zane had never been to the stockyards so he was excited. After we left the stockyards Zane was really worried about the tire so we took it to Nissan and got a new tire. Maybe all of my Nissan issues were the driver and not the car? After Nissan we went straight to Southlake to see my parents. We visited with them until Logan and Courtney got into town. We went to Johnny B's for dinner, gotta have it! And met up with my old high school friends for drinks and dancing. Saturday was a total girls day. Courtney and I went and got manicures and pedicures and then went shopping while the boys went to Bass Pro Shop. Lindsay's parents had a kentucky derby party so we went and had mint julips and watched the race. Zane got 3rd place! That night we had dinner with my parents for my birthday and had drinks with friends and ended up dancing again.
Sunday was my birthday and I had invited some friends to Johnny B's for a birthday lunch before we hit the road. It was great to see everybody! (Thank you for those that came!) I was not ready to leave on Sunday, i've been super homesick the past few weeks. And driving back to Lubbock, on my birthday, was not ideal. But it was a great trip. Now the countdown is on for DESTIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment