Friday, May 7, 2010

Relay for Life

Tonight is Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. I did this once in college with Delta Gamma and didn't really enjoy it or do it for personal reasons. This year I have a co-worker who is on the planning committee and she really encouraged me to do it. I have always wanted to but didn't think anyone else would want to be on a team with me. So I reached out to my friends in Lubbock and we now have a team of 12 people! Zane and I both have family members that have battled cancer and this year we are walking for them. I'm specifically walking for my Mom and Grammy; both have survived Colon Cancer along with my mom surviving Melanoma (skin cancer). So think of us tonight while we are walking for cancer and to find a cure!

No comments: