Monday, December 20, 2010

Our weekend

Zane and I had no plans this weekend and I was thrilled because the next month is going to be insane! Zane had the last practice on Friday morning so he was off by 5pm. Friday was our 7 year first date anniversary, cheesy I know. We went to Outback and Zane surprised me by taking me to look at christmas lights. It's one of my favorite things to do. Zane did have to go to work on Saturday morning for a little bit so I finished up the christmas shopping and then we both got a massage! A much needed massage. Prenatal massages aren't the same since you can't lay on your stomach. But it was still nice especially since i've been having really bad lower back pains. I actually had to go buy a back brace to hopefully help support my growing belly! After the massages we just went home and relaxed. Sunday morning we got some exciting news! My wonderful sister in law and Zane's Sister, Robin and her boyfriend Tommy are engaged! We are so happy for them!

Congrats you guys!!

After that we went to church for the first time in 6 months, embarassing to say but it is literally impossible for Zane to make church on Sunday mornings during football season. After church we grabbed some lunch and spent the next 4 hours cleaning out and organizing the garage. Something that wasn't done when we moved in over a year and half ago. Zane got a workbench for christmas so he put that together and we have 5 trash bags full of stuff to take to good will. It looks great now! And it is slowly becoming Zane's man cave since Presley's room is taking over his old man cave.

Zane is working a little this week and i'm working everyday until Christmas eve. We will be having Christmas with the Perry's at our house Thursday night and then Christmas eve we will be heading over to Zane's cousins house to do christmas with the rest of his family. Then we are off to Southlake/Dallas until January 2nd. I hope everyone has a great Christmas break!

Mom update: She still has her drainage tube from the abscess and now with christmas coming up i'm not sure if they will be able to get her in to take it out before then. She has a check up doctors appointment on Wednesday to check everything with the surgeon. Because of her drainage tube she hasn't had a good night's sleep in a while. But she is still on antibiotics and pain medication to help though. She also doesn't need the help of her at home nurses to dress her incisions anymore. She's such a trooper!

1 comment:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

I'm glad to hear your mom is so tough! We'll continue to pray for her.

Also congratulations on 7 years together!! I was just trying to remember when our first date was and I have no idea. We were together 6 years before we got married 3 years ago. Wow! 9 years together!!

Also, congrats on getting to your 3rd trimester! Presley will be here before you know it!