Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Things i've done this past week

  • Prayed a lot
  • Had my feelings hurt by insensitive/selfish friends 
  • Laughed, smiled and cried watching my baby girl
  • Cooked spaghetti casserole
  • Drank beers with my brother
  • Cried so hard I couldn't breathe 
  • Watched Zane dance with Presley in the living room
  • Changed a blow-out, poopy diaper at Old Navy 
  • Went without a cell phone for 3 days
  • Was a host for my sister-in-laws bridal shower
  • Had Sunday lunch with the entire Perry family 
  • Ran out of diapers in the diaper bag
  • Spent multiple afternoons at Zane's office
  • Sat on the patio and enjoyed Texas Country music in the sunshine
  • Watched way too much TV
  • Cried to a good friend  
  • Tried a skinny girl margarita
  • Stopped pumping 
  • Made three trips to target in one weekend
  • Online shopped WAY too much
  • Wrote thank you letters
  • Realized how much technology has ruined my relationships with people
  • Was jealous
  • Took tons of pictures of Presley
  • Woke up at 2:14am and 5:05am to make sure Presley was ok after sleeping for 8 hours straight!
Nothing profound but lots of emotions this past week,  I don't like to announce my weaknesses but we all have them. I am learning to embrace them. One week until we are in Southlake and I can be surrounded with my family and will feel grounded again. 

3 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Good post!

Becca said...

It sounds like we've both been run through the ringer this last few weeks. I'm praying for you, sweet friend. I can't wait to see you next weekend and meet that sweet baby! Love you!

Jenn said...

I can identify with a few things on this list, but girlie don't sweat the small stuff. That's what I keep telling myself when my feelings get hurt. I'm pretty much editing pictures during what little spare time I have, but I'm always around if you need to talk :) As for the skinny girl margarita....what did you think? I've had one before and honestly I thought it was prettttttty disgusting ;) give me the calories of a REAL margarita :)