Sunday, May 8, 2011

3rd Annual trip

Happy Mother's day to all of the mama's in my life! You are all amazing. XOXO

I am currently sitting on our back patio, listening to texas country music with my amazing husband and baby girl, on my second cup of coffee enjoying the morning breeze and couldn't be happier. Of course, I wish I could be in Southlake with my mom to celebrate mother's day but we were there this past week.

The past 3 years we have made a trip to Southlake for a week long visit that includes a Ranger game, our Anniversary and my birthday. This year was no different. Our trip normally takes about 5 hours but with a newborn it took around 6.

Our view

being silly
 The rangers lost, but it was great to get away and enjoy the day with Zane. Thank you Mom, Dad and Aunt Linda for babysitting! For our Anniversary we went and had sushi/hibachi and picked up some cheesecake from The Cheescake Factory. I'll never forget our wedding day as we were cutting the cake I  gave Zane the "don't you even think about it" look as Uncle Scott is cheering "DO IT!". Thankfully Zane didn't get me that day, but he did 4 years later!
Icing war
We had dinner plans with some friends and only a few ended up making it. Justin, Becca and Lindsay met Presley. We miss you guys! It's funny how friendships have changed now that Presley is here. Genuine ones make an effort and understand when things change or we are running late.
Becca and Presley
While we were there my extended family came to Johnny B's to meet Presley for the first time. It was so great to see everyone! I only took one picture of my cousin Kaitlin with Presley. You can't tell we are related huh?
Kaitlin and Presley
My birthday was a COLD and rainy day in Southlake. It was a very low key birthday and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Linda had made an awesome maple cake and somehow trick candles were involved. We made the emotional drive back the next day. It's always so hard to leave. We will be back 4th of July weekend after Robin's wedding.

Update on Mom: After starting the at home nutrition, they realized she was anemic. It's just one thing after another...They did two blood transfusions the day we got into town. That next day she had some pain in her neck so I took her to have it checked out and she has a blood clot at the end of the catheter of her port. So they were giving her shots (once a day at the hospital) and blood thinners to dissolve the non life threatening clot, but they had to stop the nutrition for a few days. She is back on it and is gaining weight! She is still tired and weak but making some progress, slowly but surely. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers still!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad you had a great trip, and I'm so glad you're Mom is gaining weight, that's great news! I am however jealous about your 3 (I think!) check-ins at Johnny B's....pretty sure that's the saddest thing about Feeedler's parentals not living in Southlake anymore ;)

Jenn said...

oh gosh....*your* ;)