We left Lubbock on Thursday morning to start the wedding festivities for Robin and Tommy. It normally is a 6 hour drive to Austin but with Presley, not rushing and a few stops it made for a long trip. Thursday night Robin and Tommy hosted the families for a Pizza night. It was great to meet the rest of Tommy's family, who are all from New York!
![]() |
| Presley with Aunt Robin |
Friday was so fun! Mimosas, pedicures and manicures that morning and the rehearsal, lunch and rehearsal dinner that night. I always love being a part of the rehearsal dinner. It is a more intimate setting for your friends and family to shower you with words of encouragement and embarrassing stories. You really get a feeling of how everyone feels about the couple. Robin & Tommy's was no different. The room was full of New Yorkers and West Texans and there was plenty of love. Of course there are always tears shed, happy tears.
![]() |
| Me and Presley |
![]() |
| The Acker's and Perry's |
I had decided to go ahead and get my hair and makeup done at a mall that was close to the hotel. I thought it was a good idea. NOT! Our GPS is not up to date and I got lost on the way back. So when I finally made it back to the hotel I had a total of 3 minutes to get ready. I wasn't a fan of my hair or makeup so I had to make adjustments. It all worked out in the end but I was rushing around and not happy about it.
![]() |
| Presley in her pretty dress |
Once we got to Camp Lucy, which was BEAUTIFUL! We went and saw Robin in her bridal suite and took a few pictures. She was stunning! Zane was walking his mom down the aisle so I was trying to calm Presley down who was crying the entire 30 minutes before the ceremony started. We were both hot and sweaty, our dresses were sliding against each other and she couldn't get comfortable. Once the music started playing she fell right to sleep, THANK GOD!
![]() |
| The Ceremony |
The ceremony was short and sweet. You could tell Robin and Tommy were so happy to say their vows to each other.
![]() |
| My little family |
Here we are all dressed up! Doesn't Zane clean up nice? I love seeing him in a suit!
![]() |
| The Reception |
The reception was in an open air pavilion with the sunlight pouring in. It was just breath taking.
![]() |
| Mr. & Mrs. Acker |
Now I can officially say I have a brother-in-law and Presley has a new uncle!
We were not used to the humidity and the heat was too much for Presley so she ended up in this diaper cover and slept on Zane's shoulder most of the reception. We did some dancing, enjoyed the cakes and had a great time with Zane's family.
Congrats Robin & Tommy...beautiful wedding, beautiful couple!










No comments:
Post a Comment