Tuesday, November 15, 2011

sick baby...still

Sunday morning around 1:30am Presley started crying like usual, Zane and I waited for her to talk herself to sleep but it didn't happen so Zane got up to check on her and rock her back to sleep. Next thing I know I hear Zane over the monitor in a panicked voice "Erica, I need your help!" and my heart dropped. So I run to her room and she had thrown up in her crib and had rolled all in it. It was in her ear, up her nose and covering her entire face and head. I started getting emotional...my poor baby was sick. So we change the sheets, changing table and give her a bath.

There is nothing like bath time at 2am! She slept the rest of the night fine. The next morning when we tried to give her a bottle, she threw it up. Throughout the day she took some juice and bananas just fine. That evening we tried to give her a bottle again and she ended up throwing that up too. She also started to run a 101* fever. So I called the on-call nurse and she basically told me to watch her fever and try some pedialyte, duh! She was not helpful. So we kept her from daycare yesterday just to make sure she was on the mend. No more vomiting, no high fever, sleeping a lot more but still won't eat much in fact she would gag anytime we tried to give her a bottle. She seems to feel fine...still playing, laughing and talking!

Turns out 3 other kids at daycare have been sick with the same symptoms over the last 2 weeks...LOVELY! I'm hoping that it was just a 24 hour bug...it was heartbreaking to watch her suffer with her pink cheeks and feverish eyes. She is feeling better though and I have to admit I enjoyed the snuggling.

Update: A few hours after I finished this blog post I got a call from our daycare...Presley had thrown up 3 times this morning. So I went to pick her up and she threw up again all over me. Poor baby!! So we took her to the doctor who said to keep feeding her formula even if she throws it up, which makes NO sense to me. She's not dehydrated so he said no pedialyte. (Maybe he and the on-call nurses need to talk!) He said that it is a virus and that it should be done in a few more days and i'm just confused. Why give her formula if she just throws it up? I will do what the doctor says even though he isn't here to clean up the mess or comfort her. I'll do whatever it takes for her to get better!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Poor baby, hope she's feeling better soon!! :(