Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why do you blog?

I originally started blogging in 2004 because my college "crew" all had blogs to tell stories during our college days, most of which I can't recall now. Remember this was pre-facebook! After we all graduated and everyone moved on I deleted my college blog and started this one to document our life as The Perry family in 2009. Read my first post here, it is profound! Sarcasm.


After that post it became a place for me to update our family and friends around the world on the progress of the house we were building, our adventures, Boozer, love & loss and then more recently it became a place to update everyone on my pregnancy, my mom's health and now the milestones of our precious baby girl Presley. Instead of e-mailing or calling each of our family members and friends it's all in one spot for them to see.

"House of Perry" is my place to vent, share, enjoy, learn and experience new friends, stories, recipes... whatever you blog about. I'm kind of on the fence of the whole blog world. I'm not interesting enough to make it a money-maker nor do I have the time to read every blog and link-up everyday. I'll do it when I can and if I have something to say. I really do enjoy blogging and I hope you enjoy reading and if not, that's ok. I'm sure there are some friends and family members that could care less about my blog or what I have to say in it and probably question why I blog.

I do it for me.

So i'm curious...Why do you blog? If you blog.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

One reason: to document our family's journey. Our laughter, our love, our rises, our falls, and our God that leads us through it all! While I enjoy knowing others follow/read it and comments are always fun, I do not do blog for my readers. The purpose is for me alone... So my answer is that I blog to make our own "family history" books!!!

Cayce said...

I miss blogging. I wish I still blogged. I always intend to do it but never find the time. I love the documentation of our family and just life.

Emily said...

I love that you keep us updated on Miss Presley through the blog, she is more & more beautiful each time you post pics!