I just got home from a "Celebration of Life" of a friend/old work colleague who tragically took his own life. Zane broke the news to me on Friday night, when he read it on facebook and looked over and said "Don't you know so and so" I casually said "yea, why?" as he read his friends status that reported his death...It floored me. Why would this friend, who was loved by so many do this? How did no one notice he was in so much pain? My heart breaks for him and his family. So many unanswered questions. He was a community leader, in 20+ organizations throughout the city, knew everyone and was FULL of life. He had the best voice, smile and laugh that I will never forget and he always greeted you with a hug. He seemed happy, had his struggles like we all do but never shared his pain.
My hope is for those who read this blog know that I am here to listen ALWAYS. If you ever need to vent, talk, yell, cuss, scream, cry or laugh. Lord knows I need my time to do all of the above. I know that I have family and close friends that are struggling and I may not have the right thing to say or know the right thing to do but I am here. Please know that you are loved by so many.

1 comment:
Thanks Erica! You are a good friend and a good listening ear. The same goes for you. I"m always here too!
Post a Comment