Sunday, June 16, 2013

California

I was born in Arizona, have moved 7 times and have lived in 4 different states but I claim Laguna Niguel, California as my home-where I grew up. It is where I have lived the longest. In a few weeks we are going back as a family. Mom, Dad, Tony, his girlfriend Britney and my little family-Zane, me and Presley. My parents have rented a house directly on the beach for us to enjoy for a week. This will be Presley's first experience on the beach! Unfortunately, Zane and my Dad will be leaving early (hardest working men I know).

It is our first family vacation since 2006 and also since Tyler passed. It will be bittersweet. My dad asked if we wanted to spread some of Tyler's ashes while we are on the trip and I know it would be something that Ty would have loved. We are all so excited to get away for a few days and just enjoy each other. We don't get to do that often, our time spent together is normally a quick weekend trip and always rushed. I'm excited to show Zane where I grew up. It's been 10 years since i've been back and I'm thrilled to be back in Orange County!

No comments: