Monday, April 28, 2014

New normal

It has been over a month and I find myself having harder and harder days now than I did when Mom first passed away. My day-to-day duties and schedule has not changed but I keep thinking about every one else and how theirs have changed. My Dad and his new life without his wife of 32 years, it breaks my heart. My brother who is about to have a baby boy and not experience the guidance, joy and love of Mom as Sassy. My Grammy who is now going through chemo and surgeries as her daughter, my Mom just did. My Aunt Linda who selflessly gave up her personal time to take care of and help my Mom almost every day for over a year.

I can't even put into words the way I feel and how much it hurts. We are all grieving and in different ways, with no right or wrong way or time frame. We are all just trying to find a new normal.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I wanted so badly to tell your family that I have been thinking of you all, but in the off chance that it had escaped your mind for those five minutes we spoke, I refrained. Many thoughts to you and your family.