This year we will be having a 4th of July party at our new house. Everyone is welcome so come on by! The festivities will begin around 6pm on Saturday July 4th. Kids are welcome and we will be doing some fireworks so bring some with you! This next week is going to be so fun! Benny and Greta are coming to Lubbock for a few days and I can't even tell you the last time I saw them so i'm excited to see them and then our friends Phil (Swen) and Ashley will be coming into town to stay with us for the 4th of July weekend. I love summers and being able to see our friends that I don't normally get to see on a regular basis. I know that friendships fizzle out when you get older and that has been a real struggle for me to transition from having a big group of core friends to not having that same group of core friends. I know its life and i'm finally able to grasp that we aren't ever going to be like we were in college. I have developed more meaningful friendships with the people I see and talk to on a daily basis here in Lubbock and with the friends that I can call no matter what time and just catch up or send a quick how are you e-mail to and i'm so thankful for that. I would rather have a small group of best friends than a big group of friends that I never see or talk to. I guess i've also matured and have realized the friendships that I had in college are completely different than the ones I have now. I treasure them both very much and will never forget the memories from either.
No comments:
Post a Comment