No this post will not be a shamelss plug for you to go to Johnny B's in Southlake for the best burger you will ever have...It will be about my dad, John or Johnny B and his side of the family. I rarely talk about my dad's side of the family because I never get to see them. My dad grew up in Missouri and moved to Texas as a young adult, met my mom and since then he's been all over the US because of his job. Since we have lived everywhere BUT Missouri I never really saw them often or talked to them until recently. Now that i've grown up and realized how much family means to me I have gotten in touch with them more. I'm not going to go into too much detail but here are some facts about the Finlayson side:
Bruce is my dad's dad. Unfortunately, Zane has not been able to meet him yet. That is one of my goals! I just know they would get along because they are both amazing. Grandad Bruce has also been involved with Football his whole life. He was a referee for the Big 8, Big 12 and the NFL. Now he is still scouting referees for the NFL. One really cool random fact, or at least I think so is that Grandad Bruce, my dad and I are each 30 years apart- August 1923, October 1953 and May 1983.
My dad's sister Susan or Suz and her husband Doug are the most hilarious people I know, hands down. And their kids, my cousins? Molly and Andy, equally hilarious. Both married and living in Missouri. Molly is a lawyer. I want to say a Defense Attorney? I didn't get to go to Molly and Jimmy's wedding but it was around Halloween so they had pumpkins and Molly wore high-top converse! Andy had a daughter in May, named Eva and we found out at christmas that he and his wife Julie are expecting again. So excited for them!
Luckily since Mizzou and Tech are in the same conference every couple of years they play. And guess what? These next two years are when they play! So I hope that some of them are able to come to Lubbock for the game. If not I WILL be in Missouri for the Tech vs. Mizzou game in 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment