Destin was AMAZING! I'm so thankful we were able to go. We needed it BAD! The trip started and ended the same way...flight cancellations and delays. But that didn't ruin anything. The whole time we just relaxed. Didn't plan anything and went with the flow. The water was unbelievable. We had one day that we saw a handful of tarballs but nothing major. The big issue was the "June grass", nasty stuff. Our typical day: sleep in, make breakfast, put on sunscreen, head to the beach, lay out, read, play in the water, make lunch, read on the patio, head to the pool, put on sunscreen (yes mom, I put on sunscreen and didn't burn!) layout, read, swim, read, make dinner, shower, read, bed and repeat. It's amazing how you feel not doing your hair, makeup and deciding what to wear each day. I felt like a new woman! We were not ready to come back but reality snuck up on us. We can't wait to go back with our families and friends. I didn't want to bore you with all of the details so here are a few pictures...Enjoy!
First night at Aj's for fried crab claws...YUM!
View from Aj's
The patio view
View on the beach
Lunch at the Backporch
Thank you Leslie & Greg for letting us come spend some time with you in Destin. We had a blast!





No comments:
Post a Comment