Thursday, January 27, 2011

Induction? Breastfeeding?

We had our 32 week appointment today and as soon as we walked in Dr.K was walking out for a delivery. But he was back within 30 minutes. I wish it was that easy! Miss Presley is doing good, head down and very low (where she has been the past 2 months) and she is about 4 pounds already! Dr. K said she is in a great position and if she was born today she would have a 99.9% survival rate, we don't want that but it's good to know. We also talked about the delivery...Induction and C-Sections. He wants to induce us somewhere between March 10th-20th but the hospital cannot schedule that until it's 2 weeks before the date of induction so we won't know for sure until the end of Feb. or early March. But I told him that we would like to be induced because i'm a planner! We will start seeing the doctor every two weeks now. Wow, with February being a short month she'll be here so soon!!

On Monday we have our breastfeeding class. It'll be fun because two of our pregnant friends will be in the class with us! I have mixed emotions about breastfeeding. I really want to breastfeed and I know that it's the best thing for PK but with me going back to work within 8 weeks of her being born i'm concerned that I won't be able to keep up with it. And then if I can't keep up with it I think why even start?  I am a pretty modest person and I don't want to feel uncomfortable or make anyone else feel uncomfortable. But we will see how I feel after the class on Monday.

No comments: