Friday, February 25, 2011

36 weeks or 9 months

Warning: Blogs may be a little TMI starting now. So i'm sorry if you get queezy reading about dilating, efacement and all that comes with having a baby.

Oops, I didn't update you on our 36 week appointment! My apologies... Everytime we go to the doctor they take my weight and blood pressure, last week I had lost weight from the previous appointment well this week I gained it all back. Then she checks my blood pressure...she does my right arm first and it's always a little high so she does my left arm and it's a little better. EVERY time. Dr. K is out of town so we saw the RN Rene. LOVE HER! She said I was fingertip dilated, not sure what that means exactly, if anything. She too felt PK's head and said that my cervix was great.

Presley was face up for the first time in 2 months so we got to see her precious face and her lips moving and sucking on her heel that is currently in her face! Rene also said that most babies like to suck on their umbilical cord because it's slimy! ewww. She said that it's a great sign she is sucking because that means her brain is working right and that her central nervous system is developed. In fact (i'm about to go proud parent on you) she said that Presley was perfect and that her development was EXACTLY where it should be for this stage. She was surprised that I have not had any contractions yet. We go back on Thursday March 3rd.

I have my good days and bad days of being uncomfortable and my back and hips are starting to get achy. And my mom has informed me that Presley's potential birthday is now printed on milk cartons! Ahhhhhhhhhh! My due date isn't until March 20th and we are only being induced because Dr.K will be out of town that weekend. So if there is ANY progress at all we will let you know! The carseat bases are installed and my bag is packed, just missing last minute things like glasses and my toothbrush but we are getting so excited!

OH! I'm a little late sharing but my dear friend Megan had her baby on February 10th! Holli Aimee is adorable and we are so happy for Megan and Paul!

No comments: