Thursday, March 3, 2011

37 week update

37 weeks! Today we had a doctor appointment. No progress. Which to be honest kind of disappointed me. I was hoping to be somewhat dilated. Presley is running out of room and Dr. K asked that I monitor her movement. Nothing specific just to make sure she is still moving around. She is still face up/forward which is not good for a natural delivery. There are three things that could happen. She could turn around herself in the next week (which I am hoping for), Dr. K could manually turn her during labor or she doesn't turn and more than likely i'll have to have a C-Section. My placenta is starting to calcify, which means that it is aging. It happens in every pregnancy just some more than others. But it means that we shouldn't wait past March 11th.

We are scheduled 100% for sure on March 11th to be induced. But if by our appointment next Thursday there is still no progress with my cervix than they will admit me to the hospital that night and give me medication to help thin my cervix before the induction on the 11th. He said that with an induction labor typically takes up to 12 hours. So we have a week for PK to turn and have some progress. Tomorrow is my last day at work until May 9th! Here is a picture we got of her today and her chunky cheeks!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I REALLY hope she comes before Feeedler and I leave on the 11th for our honeymoon! I want to meet that little ms. thang before we are gone for a whole week :)