I had Monday off and was looking forward to spending the day with Pres, cooking a nice dinner, getting laundry and cleaning done etc... That didn't happen.
Preface: I hate to share this story because it makes me feel horrible but after talking to other parents about it...It's happened to everyone. In fact when I called my mom she said "you did the same exact thing".
Presley was extremely cranky all day and just wanted to be held every second. I finally sat her on the bed for two seconds so I could change out of my pj's and then next thing I hear is a thump...thump....SCREAM. She used her legs and pushed herself off of the bed. When I got to her she was face up and crying. I picked her up and I immediately panic and kept repeating "i'm so sorry Presley", holding her as tight as I could. Called Zane. I couldn't even talk I was so upset. All I could see was a red spot above her left eye but no swelling. I check all of her limbs and nothing is broken.
 |
Red spot over her left eye
Not even 5 minutes later she was waving her arms and smiling. She's perfectly fine. But it was so scary! Zane came home to check on us because I was mess. I'm not really sure how I got so lucky to be with him, he keeps me sane. After that I wouldn't let her out of my arms and everything could wait. It was a huge reality check. In fact the laundry and cleaning still hasn't been done.
|
 |
| Playing outside |
This weekend I had a friend stop me and say "Erica, you are an amazing woman and an amazing mom. I just want you to know that I respect the way you and Zane are raising Presley". I don't think she'll ever know how much that means to me. For her to go out of her way to say that was one of the most meaningful things anyone has ever said/done to me. Motherhood is hard. You are going to make mistakes and learn the hard way. One thing that motherhood has done for me is brought clarity into my life. I feel like I know who I am now that she is here, complete.
And on a side note that garlic lime chicken that I was making was horrible WAY too salty. I'll let you know what I try next.
2 comments:
Aww.. erica! You are a wonderful mother! The SAME thing happened to me, only Leighton fell off the changing table when she was 8 months old. I freaked out too. Babies get bumps and bruises, it just seems to hurt us more :-)
Yep! Happened to me too... About two months ago, Preslie plunged over the side of the bed face first, did a flip and landed on her back. Not even ten minutes later, she stumbled and banged her head on the baseboard--both within arms reach of me. We both cried, and the dog even peed on the floor (which he NEVER does). I was a wreck, too, and checked the monitor every five minutes through her entire nap.
You ARE a wonderful mother!!!!! Think it, feel it, believe it!
Post a Comment