Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Equipment Manager

A lot of people ask me "what does Zane do exactly?" and my response is normally "He does all of the dirty work". Including all of the laundry (yes the jock straps), helmet/shoulder pad work and sizing, all of the ordering of gear for the year including all of the sideline coaching and support staff uniforms etc...The list goes on and on of his daily to-do's, but he never complains. He is normally the first one there and the last one to leave. One of the few full time staff that rides a bus to and from the away games. And loves every minute of it. I knew when I married him what I signed up for and now until January I am a "football widow". I'm not complaining either because I really enjoy cheering on my Red Raiders every week and being able to support Zane from the stands. It definitely makes for an interesting life! We have a great football family that takes great care of us. I'm extremely grateful for that.


Zane is humble and would NEVER share this himself but he e-mailed it to me and said "look, here is an interview they did after practice." So here is an interview of Zane with RedRaiderSports.com explaining how they get ready for an away football game. Love you and so proud of you Zane! Just click the link!

http://www.texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1263968

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I feel your pride for your husband.... My husband would be so embarrassed if he knew how I bragged on him, but he deserves it, and it sounds like Zane does too! :)