Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's Cooking?

If you have read my blog for a while you know that I LOVE to try new recipes. Pinterest has only sparked my love for it. I tried to do a link up a few months ago that wasn't successful. Most bloggers don't blog on the weekends but I do most of my cooking on the weekends so I wanted to start something different. So here is my official launch to "What's Cooking?"! Every Sunday remember to link up with me and share what you have been cooking that day or maybe earlier in the week! I am excited to see what you have been cooking and share some recipes!

Today Zane left to head to San Antonio so I wanted to make something that could last a few days...plus it gave me a chance to use my fancy new Crock Pot from my brother-in-law Tommy. By the way today is my Sister-in-Law's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!

So of course I found this on Pinterest here. I borrowed the photo from food.com since mine is cooking. Can't wait to try it!



Broccoli Cheese Soup for the Crock Pot
1/2 cup Green Peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli

1. Saute onion and green pepper in the butter
2. Combine all ingredients on low in the crockpot for 3-4 hours. Do not add salt.

That's it, Enjoy!

*Update: After enjoying only one bowl of this soup I decided that it was too rich for me. It needs more milk or something to tone down the Velveeta. But all in all it was a good base for a great Broccoli and Cheese soup!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Now that I know, I'll totally join next weekend!! I always have fun recipes to share!