Monday, March 26, 2012

First Birthday Party

Birthdays are a big deal to me. I want the person to feel extra special on their birthday and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I'll admit I went a little overboard with the balloons and I know Presley won't remember any of it. But I wanted it to be special and it was. We are so blessed that a lot of our family were able to be here. And a special, huge thank you to those that traveled to Lubbock from all over Texas to be there for Presley. It means so much to us and we missed those that couldn't be here. Also, a big thank you to whoever mysteriously left a little something extra in Presley's piggy bank. 

Presley taught me a lesson on her birthday. Don't have expectations. She fell asleep while we were opening presents and decided to take an hour nap in the middle of her party. We were so grateful that most of the people actually stayed while she was sleeping. Once she woke up we tried the smash cake. She hated it. I took her hand and smashed it in the cake and she screamed. So, it wasn't perfect but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Warning: This post will be picture overload. A big thank you to our friends Taylor and Jenn for taking these special pictures for us. Check them out: Lucky Bee Photography

We appreciate each and every one of you that made Presley's first birthday so special, we felt the love that day. 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

We seriously had the best time, and if she would have slept 2 hours, we STILL would have stayed :) Love that little girl!