Sunday, September 9, 2012

What's Cooking

It's been a while since i've posted any recipes. I've been mostly preparing freezer meals and just throwing them in the crock pot for a few hours when I get home from work. It's been so much easier than prepping a whole meal! I'll do another post of freezer cooking sometime- but I have REALLY enjoyed it the few times i've done it. Tonight I made cubed steak with gravy and Sassy's mashed potatoes. If you think your mom's mashed potatoes are good, i'm sure they are. But my mom's are THE best and no one can make them like she does- I do attempt though.

This recipe is so easy with only 4 ingredients. Of course I found it on pinterest but here is the actual website.

Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy
-Cube Steak (meat for chicken fried steak) I used a family pack with 8 patties in it
-2 Cans Cream of Mushroom soup-I used low sodium Campbell's because I tried it with off brand and it was too salty
-1 Envelope of dry onion soup mix
-3/4 cup water

Mix all of the ingredients but the meat together. Put meat in crockpot and then pour the soup mixture. Cook on low for 7-8 hours depending on your crockpot. Serve over Sassy's mashed potatoes :) or you could do rice or egg noodles.

It's not pretty or healthy but it is darn good and would be perfect for a cold winter night!

No comments: