Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yum!

I recently found this blog and it is called The Pioneer Woman. If you are looking for a recipe of any kind go check it out. I came across this recipe that she calls "Individual Raspberry Cobblers". I was drawn to them because she made them with raspberries, my favorite! So while Zane was at football yesterday I decided to try it out. This recipe is so easy! I'll post it at the bottom. I wanted to make them with Raspberries and Blackberries (Zane's fav). You can make it with any fruit you would like. I think i'll try Cherry and Peach next time.

I love fresh fruit!

Some of the ingredients.

Blackberries.

Here they are when they are done cooling, aren't they cute!? They taste better than they look and are so easy to just grab on the go! Here is the recipe, I hope you guys try it because they are delicious! Let me know if you try it with any other kind of fruit.

Mini Cobblers
Makes 24 Cobblers

2 Cups Self-Rising Flour (must use self-rising)
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh fruit
Extra sugar for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pour 1/4 cup batter into well greased muffin tins. Place a few pieces of fruit on top. Sprinkle sugar over each cobbler. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp around the edges. Invert onto a cooling rack and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

They are still yummy at room temp, very easy to half the recipe and could probably make it healthy with splenda and not real butter. ENJOY!!

No comments: